Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tribute to my New Friends

You know your life is boring when you talk to an old friend after, oh, six months and you have nothing new to report, nothing has changed... still studying.... still working... Well, now that summer is here without school, I've been trying to catch up with old friends. I've also been trying to make new friends. I'm sure Rob gets sick of me telling him how hard it is to make friends once you're married. I don't know if any of you other girls feel the same way--it might just be me. I now somewhat understand how hard it is for a guy to ask a girl out the first time. Every time I meet someone who I think would be fun to hang out with I'm always asking Rob, 'how long should I wait before I call?' or 'should we just do dinner and a movie?' Either way, I found the easiest way to make new friends is to just steal his. So to all of you who may not know these people, here are some of my new friends.








This is Amber, her and Rob have been friends since they were like 3 years old. She's like a girl version of Rob. Rob and I talk A LOT, and we like to discuss different points of view on different issues. Because Rob is going to law school, he always has the better argument. Amber is currently in law school, and whenever I want to win an argument, I call her. Amber is totally my role model. She is going to law school, working, and has 2 kids. I have no idea how she can do it as I can barely keep my two dogs alive. Plus, she's super tough. She's been through a lot and I love her attitude about life. She doesn't take crap from anyone. Unfortunately, she lives in Arizona and probably will for a long time. Who knows? Maybe Rob will go to law school in Arizona. As much as I hate how hot it is down there, it'd be way fun to live next to Amber and her family!





This is Mariah. So she wasn't Rob's friend before she was mine, but her husband Doug has been friends with Rob for a long time. So Rob and I just decided that she's my new fashion consultant. She always dresses so nice and looks so cute....while going to grad school and working. That's harder than it looks. At her wedding I remember her dad saying that she got a job when she was 16 at Dairy Queen or something just so she could buy clothes. This is great for me because before I got married, I never knew how to dress and never liked shopping. Her and Doug are currently in San Francisco for the summer. Before they left we went shopping. I only got a couple of things, but Rob loves them. He says I need to hang out with Mariah more often. Aside from her fashion sense, she's really fun to hang out with. I'm so glad she is at BYU with me. She brings some sanity into my world of grad school!

Well-- I'm out, I hope I can post more. This whole blogging thing can be difficult. I know how to use computers, but I'm pretty sure a 2nd grader can blog better than me.

Oh and just a side note to Rob's latest blog-- Regis and Kelly are incorrect about living to 140. They are extrapolating the data they have as no one has ever lived to be 140 (except for Moses). But that's okay eh? You always say it'd be better to die young!

4 comments:

Kathie said...

Rachel I think you always look cute! And I know what you mean about the friend thing. It is much harder to make friends after you are married.

Jamee said...

Hey Rachel, I was really bored today and was looking at everyone's blog on Facebook and found you from Jay Mills blog. You are so cute!

Mariah said...

Thanks for including me on your blog!! I feel honored. :) I had fun going shopping with you - we should do it again when I get back to Utah. Plus I'm glad that Rob liked what you got! I would have felt bad if he didn't. Haha

Josh and Jay said...

Hey- am I the old friend that you talk to every 6 months? Ha! We are doing better though arn't we?
Miss ya!