Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The New Place

So, here are the long anticipated pictures of our place. Since so many people have asked to see our place, I have decided to give you a tour... except for the bedroom since we piled all the boxes we haven't unpacked in there. haha.

The living room:
Thanks to our new Best Buy credit card, we have a TV and a digital antenna which picks up 4 channels inside and 40 outside. We're actually just sad Best Buy doesn't sell groceries, seeing how they are they only people who would give credit to a full time law student living off of student loans and his unemployed spouse in this economy. You will also notice a beautiful alive orchid flower in the corner. Rob bought it for me a couple weeks ago, which means it also survived the drive from Utah. It's supposedly easier to keep alive than bamboo plants. You only need to water it once a month and keep it out of direct sunlight. I give it six months to live with me taking care of it, which is more than I can say for the bamboo plant.

The Office:
If you just turn 180 degrees to your right or left, you will see our office.... as well as some beach towels on the couch. The bright blue glowing box on the desk is our new ant farm, all of which are still alive. The bookshelf on the left is soon to be overfilled with Rob's law books, which I am certain will take more than one trip to the bookstore to buy as there is no way any human being could carry them all together all by themselves (except Mike Barney).




The Kitchen:
Yup... granite countertops and all. But don't be fooled. The granite countertops don't seem so cool when none of the doors in the apartment close... which makes using the bathroom when guests are over awkward. Oh and yes the lamp is blue.








The Bathroom:
You probably don't need any explanation....
















The Hallway:
This is the hallway looking from the bathroom. The linen closet/pantry is on the left. We call it the linen closet when we are on the bathroom side of the closet and the pantry when we are in the living room or office.












The Patio:
This is the "playpen" for our dogs or a litter box for our dogs.









These are our lemon and lime trees. Something we can't grow in Utah. Maybe one day I'll be able to make home made 7-Up. :-)











This last pic is my favorite plant. I'm not sure what they are but they are a pretty purple color. :)

Well, I think I'm all blogged out for now. This should be a more frequent occasion until I get a job. We miss y'all!

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Wish we could come visit!

Josh and Jay said...

Ray,
I love it! It is so much bigger than mine and Josh's first place. It looks great. You should write a letter to best buy and give them your suggestion about groceries!!
I MISS YOU!!