Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Un-Favorite Things

I guess the title says it all... here they are

10. No Cafe Rio, Noodles and Company, or Mizumis
9. Palo Alto Safeway. The whole thing is refrigerated and they won't do plastic (which I need for trash bags and picking up poop-- not because I don't care about the environment)
8. $10 sandwiches are a good deal
7. Fleas
6. One way streets... and people going the wrong way on one-way streets
5. The DMV (pretty much an un-favorite thing anywhere, but it's especially un-favorite here)
4. No automatic car washes at the gas station
3. Mold
2. Traffic

And the number one un-favorite thing about Palo Alto is...

1. The squirrels. Really though, I was at first fooled by their cute little faces, but they are everywhere and they bury their nuts in all my plants and make these loud obnoxious chirping noises at 7 in the morning...

2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

But when those cute black squirrels hop and jump across the lawn... it's the cutest thing ever!!

PS I miss Rio too. Let's do a homeade Rio dinner soon!

Josh and Jay said...

Ray, yesterday I saw a petrified squirrel laying in the road and I thought of you because of this post. Who would have ever thought that a dead squirrel would make me think of you. ha ha