Monday, November 8, 2010

My Blackberry

Rob and I were up for our "new every 2" at Verizon a couple months ago. I told Rob I thought it was about time I get a smart phone since I wanted to organize my life. Rob recommended a Droid, but I had to go the conservative route and get the Blackberry because it was free after mail in rebate (I blame you for this mom and dad -jk-). After having the phone for about 2 months I was going to meet Rob at school one night. Rob had dropped me off at another function about a mile away from campus earlier that night. It's getting dark earlier and it wasn't long before I realized I was completely lost in the middle of Escondido village on Stanford campus. I texted Rob and told him I'd be late since I didn't know where I was. He texted back saying "why don't you pull out that smart phone of yours and ask it where you are..." It then occurred to me that in the 2 months I had my phone all I ever used it for was calling people and texting people periodically. This isn't because I had no use for all the other Blackberry functions, but because Blackberry's are the most user-unfriendly electronic devices in the world. That's when I decided I needed to learn how to use it... starting with the GPS. Today I learned how to take pictures and upload them to my computer. Here you go -- uploaded from my phone ~ my dogs daily hour of liking each other.

(oh and for those of you who do follow this blog... there are more Japan posts coming :)

No comments: