Monday, January 2, 2012

Babies!

It's been great to spend the holidays with two new members of our family - both my sister and sister-in-law had babies last year. Both girls - Kate and Aribelle.
It is so fun to see their little personalities.
I want to spoil them rotten. Rob is constantly reminding me that they don't need shoes since they can't walk yet - but baby shoes are soo cute!






These little girls are so cute - and just to clear things up - yes they are cute, I love them to death, but no it doesn't make me want to have kids. It doesn't make me NOT want to have kids either. Apparently there is an unwritten social code that once you've been married for 5 years, the question "when are you having kids?" is acceptable after the question "how are you doing?"
In the past week I have been asked by my dentist, hair stylist, receptionist at the doctor's office, and minutes after meeting my friend's husband. I understand getting the question from Mom and Dad, and occasionally from some family and close friends, but this is not a question for small talk. Aside from the obvious private-ness of the question, it makes a girl feel like she looks old! So - I am officially putting the question of "when are you having kids?" on the same social list as the questions "how old are you?" and "are you pregnant?" If you're curious or wondering, it's best to keep it in your head or wait for the other person to bring it up.

4 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Wait... so when are you having babies?! :)

Rachel said...

Haha! I didn't think anyone was still following our blog since we never post!

Brandy J. said...

Dave and I had been married for 6 1/2 years when Cooper was born and Dave was one month shy of turning 31. We are so glad we waited until we were ready for kids and I'm sure you and Rob will feel the same way.

Luckily for us, no one really asked when we were having kids. Apparently we don't give off a strong "Feel free to ask us personal questions" vibe. It sounds like you two are just too approachable!

Rob said...

Brandy...I'll show them approachable! haha. The real side note is, at least for me, it only occurs in Utah. Looks like Cali it is!