Thursday, October 8, 2009

Copy/Paste

Hey everybody, in honor of my sitting bored in LexisNexis legal research training with a computer in front of me, I decided to just answer some comments on the blog. In doing so, I wrote enough that I thought I ought to just post it. I may need to provide some commentary though...here goes:

. . .

Things are great. It is warm and pleasant, although we all wear jeans and light jackets because we've become acclimatized to fast, are spoiled, and now think it's cold. We are stuck with 74 high 50 low until Christmas probably...ha ha. I wear gloves in the morning riding my bike in. Unfortunately, and as expected, I'm swamped and Rachel is taking looking for work as a full time job.

The pictures were taken a week before school started for the first years, so it was pretty quiet. We had the campus to ourselves, because the rest of the school is on the quarter system (including the returning law students) so we had the run of the place until September 21st! Now you can hardly walk without getting buzzed by a bike.

I should probably have just posted this response in blog form...ha ha. Sorry, we are trying to post more..we'll get better!

. . .

Other things of note (and pseudo-random thoughts):
  • School is fun
  • School is really, really, really hard, time intensive, relentless, and entirely intentionally overwhelming - Yes, everything you've heard about 1L year in law school so far is true
  • School isn't overwhelming, at least for me, because of the courses, rather it's the extra's. I'm not only doing 5 full courses, I am editing for the Stanford Technology and Law Review, writing good practice notes and researching for a pro-bono affiliated with the UN Global Compact, attending panels that eat up the entire lunch break on any/every topic imaginable, attending trainings and networking functions at night, etc...
  • School is really fun :-)
  • We are now vehicle-less for the time being
  • The job market sucks
  • My Christmas break is entirely too short
  • I'll be in school from August to June this year
  • Biking to school is okay, but my walmart $30 I-don't-care-if-it's-stolen bike experiences incredible losses due to weight, friction, and general rattling
  • I think the dogs love it here, but they don't like the neighbor
  • My box full of grass idea for the dogs didn't work (dead)...but they still use it!
  • Rocky Anderson of all people is coming to speak here in two weeks (eek)
  • I will be listening to Steve Young and Chief Justice Roberts speak in the same day
  • Rachel might go to Mexico!
  • Rachel loves the Nordstrom Rack next to Home Depot
  • Our favorite food is take out chicago style pizza that is literally 2.5 inches thick, or jing jing chinese...that really isn't all that good
  • Elvis has claimed the couch as his own...which is bad
  • Hanna may still be nuts, but has calmed down
  • We live by Hulu...it's amazing...and plug it into our TV to watch it
  • I read about 100 pages a night for all my classes
  • Training is over
Okay, time to pedal home! Hope everyone is well and I've guilt-ed Rachel into posting more meaningful stuff soon.

...This has not been proofread, was typed while mainly watching the trainer in the front of the room, and was the diatribe of my wandering mind...sorry if it's odd!

Rob

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Hey have you been to a burger joint called jeffreys, I believe its on camino real just down from the school. It was really good with delicious shakes and supposedly great garlic fries- so garlicky though and being early in the pregnancy it made me extra sick and I can't eat garlic ever again. Anyways hope you are finding time for fun in all your school time