Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Married too long





Two weekends ago I started working on a puzzle. Rob and I both thought it would be a good idea for me to complete something... to give me a sense of accomplishment while job searching. We only have one puzzle. A 1000 piece landscape puzzle for ages 12 and up. Within one week I had completed about 3 quarters of the puzzle. The bottom part of the puzzle was not finished. Rob was excited to have a little time Friday night and said he'd really like to watch a movie and work on the puzzle (since he'd been watching me work on it all week). We sat down about 9pm to watch our movie and Rob looked at the puzzle and said "Let's just finish it... I want room to put my books on this table without worrying I'm going to knock off and lose puzzle pieces." Well... the bottom quarter of the puzzle is made up of many many pink flowers. Needless to say, we were up until 3 in the morning finishing this puzzle. Every time we thought about quitting, one of us would find another piece and then say "we're almost done." I think staying up all hours of the night on a Friday night finishing a puzzle may be an indication you've been married too long. Rob wants to know what 12 year old would do this puzzle.
I had to take a picture of it before I tore it apart... since it's probably the last time I'll see this puzzle all put together!

No comments: